The Story

Where it all started

Our world is changing at the speed of light, and what’s emerging was inconceivable a few short decades ago. Imagine cars driving themselves in 10 years’ time. Imagine that in 7 years, you will have a professional robot chef in your home, that’s just as good as the best chefs in the world. Imagine all of this already exists, as do hundreds more incredible innovations.

But who’s responsible for all these inventions? Would you believe it’s a mere 1% of the population? So, what is the other 99% doing? If they don’t keep up with all these changes, they are doomed to always be a few steps behind, and that gap will continue to grow.

The world has a great demand for people with high technological capabilities.

However, there is a great dissonance between what the market needs and what schools and universities bring to the table.

We’re not making this up: In the US alone there are four times more tech development jobs available than there are university graduates of technology studies.

There is a desperate need to develop and train high-end, creative tech developers.

To raise a generation of programmers is not enough; we need to foster a generation of innovative and brilliant engineers.

In the US alone, a whopping million and a half of these engineers are in urgent demand, but there aren’t enough quality people to fill all these jobs

There are many beautiful and momentous projects that focus on teaching children programming languages, just as they are taught their ABC’s taught, such as:

Code.org, MIT- Scratch, Tech Rocket- “The Hour Of Code”, Digigirlz and many more.

Facing the interests of development companies and the commercial world is the Z generation: 23 million kids as young as 5 to young adults (forecasted to reach 2.5 billion by 2020!), with agendas that are so different from the old-fashioned, capitalist commercial ones.

Repeatedly misunderstood as lazy, 72% of these teens say they want to start a business someday, according to Gen Z marketing strategist, Deep Patel.

Also known as “The Founders” and “Post Millennials”, they have lower focus maintenance and higher multi-tasking skills. These kids are also known as the “iGeneration”, as a reflection of the environment they’re born into. In fact, 96% of Gen Z kids own an iPhone, which is becoming their primary source of information and communication and which may impact future school choices, from elementary to college. If the educational system doesn’t adapt itself to the needs of this generation and the new technology now, schools will cease to influence their educational impact.

Gen Z kids and teens are growing up in a highly sophisticated media and computer habitat. Their connection to the Internet deeply impacts them emotionally, with nearly 80% feeling distress when prevented from using personal electronic devices.

As the technological world moves towards artificial intelligence (AI), with activities such as driving, sales, finances, consumerism and so on, being re-routed towards robotics, there is an integral place for moral thinking in the Z Gen. This AI genesis will replace many existing jobs and will create economic, personal, and moral problems that only a generation of highly talented, sensitive and empathic technology-oriented children can handle.

This is where the Stages program comes in as it combines the toolbox of necessary technology skills with essential empathic tools for children using futuristic approach. Although the program includes artistic and demanding scientific content, the work environment is creative, cool, supportive and fun.